Skip to Main Content
Patient Information & EBM
What is patient information & why does it matter?
- Informs or promotes health and wellness.
- Assist in patient activation and compliance.
- Assist patients in knowing their options.
- Give patients more information than is possible during a normal encounter.
How can I tell if it’s reliable?
- Authority: Who is responsible for the resource?
- Currency: How often is it updated?
- Accuracy: Is it fact or fiction?
- Writing: Is it for doctors or for anyone?