Here are the steps to order an online article that is not available through our collection.
1. We are looking for articles on cardiovascular risk factor for middle-aged women in a one of our databases: PubMed. To access the full text of the article, look under Full Text Links. This article is not available through the HSL subscriptions and the only way to get the article is by clicking on Get it @ WCM-Q.
2. You are now redirected to our Library Catalog. If you are not already signed in, you might be prompted to sign in using your WCM-Q email and password. At the end of the article description, the library catalog displays the following message: Not Available. Check How to Get It.
3. Scroll down to How to Get It and click on Request from Interlibrary Loan.
4. Once you click on Request from Interlibrary Loan, you will be redirected to the ILL page where the article information has been automatically filled in for you. Make sure you enter the Needed Before date.
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the request page and acknowledge the Copyright statement before you click on Submit request.
6. Once submitted, your ILL homepage will display your new request.
7. You will also receive an automatic email confirming your request and notifying you of its status.
To order a book chapter that is not available through the Health Sciences Library collection, you can use the InterLlbrary Loan service.
2. You will be redirected to the ILL login page where you can use your WCM-Q email and password.
3. Click on Create request.
4. Choose the Book-Chapter tab.
5. Type the title of the book, the book chapter, the author name, and provide the page numbers.
Note that it might be helpful to provide the name of the database or website where you found the information about the book chapter so that the library personnel can verify the information when processing your order.
6. Make sure you enter the Needed Before date, acknowledge the Copyright statement, and click Submit request.
7. Once submitted, your ILL homepage will display your new request. You will also receive an automatic email confirming your request and notifying you of its status.
It usually takes between 3-5 days to process and receive your ILL request. If found by one of our lending libraries, you will receive an email notification that your requested item is available for download.
However, please take into consideration that international holidays may impact the processing time.
The item will be available for 60 days or 5 downloads, whichever comes first.